Thursday, June 02, 2005

Secret Pal Info

Okay, so in my new blogging excitement, I signed up for "secret pal 5" (see button on sidebar). I'm way excited, and am looking forward to getting my info soon so I can start spoiling a stranger... In the meantime, I'm posting a questionnaire for my secret pal to get to know me better. If you aren't my SP, but love me anyway and sit around thinking, "I wish I knew the deep inner workings of Maleah's mind," read further to see the Questionnaire for secret pal...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am a yarn snob. I hate cheap-y 100% acrylic, polyester, and other unnatural fibrous yarns, although I'm not opposed to reused or "recycled" yarn!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Yes and yes. I'm not into crocheting so much, but I'd love roving to sping with (I just have a hand spindle, but it works great!).

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I can't eat wheat (so don't send me any cookies) .

4. How long have you been knitting?
About 4 years

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Froogle (see sidebar)

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, "new car scent (I love my car, so I love all car cleaning products and of course the gel scent thing you put under the seat)", orange blossom.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes... I love York Peppermint Patties and sweet gum... currently obsessed with Orbitz Cinnamint. Of course, I also love good chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Sewing, paper making, general creative craftiness

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love "chill" music (Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper), bubble gum pop (mostly cheesy girl singers like Ashlee Simpson), and poppy punk (MxPx, Yellowcard), but I like most music (excluding classic rock, country, and offensive hard core metal and rap). I'm obsessed with i-tunes (because of my beautiful i-pod).

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like blues and greens and purples and browns and dark oranges. Nothing yellow or pastel (although I like hot pinks).

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've been married to my wonderful husband for 3 years and we have 1 hamster (we bought 2 in May but one died already).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be a great wife, mom (some day), and friend; to stay married to the same man for as long as humanly possible; to have a career that I love; and to be utterly happy.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Marino wool.... especially sock yarn like Cherry Hill, bulky wool like Cascade or Brown Sheep wool, but I also like Green Mountain Spinnary's Mountain Mohair and Manos Del Uraguay.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
100% Acrylic and other unnatural fibers

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
None at the moment

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, sweaters

17. What are you knitting right now
Sweater for hubbie, soon to be starting one skein wonder, and hopefully a Lace Leaf Pullover by Teva Durham soon.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Although I don't own one, I think I'd be cute in it (vein, I know), although they aren't for everyone and I don't think I actually would own one.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends upon the project. I like both, but I'm very happy with circular knitted sweaters right now (so much easier).

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes! I love to knit socks.

22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandma taught me so I could make a sweater for my husband (boyfriend at the time). I was staying at home for the summer 3 hours away from him, so I knit my little heart out for three months. Finally when I moved back to be with him, the sweater was done and he proposed. I quit for a year and then I found out about expensive yarn and have been in love ever since.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
a tank top gone horribly wrong turned into a sweater from last summer... I'm still only on the sleeves (and haven't started the front or back)

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Yeah, I'm not into characters or animals so much, but I love trees.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Memorial day (my birthday is near it, and I love the feeling of the unofficial start of summer with water slides opening).

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Nothing(I live in a very little semi-studio/hotel room).

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None (I'm too cheap! I love looking at Rebecca and Interweave Knits)

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I like all of the new "hip" books, but there aren't any specific knitting books I want right now.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??Ummm... not really. I'm cheap and use patterns from books from the library, free websites, and magazines and books I already own. The One Skein Wonder was the first one I bought. I'm sure there are some out there, but I haven't found them yet.



No comments: