Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Secret Pal Questions Revisited

Okay, I've taken a season off with all of our transitioning, but now that we're stabilizing, I signed up for "secret pal 8". This time, I'm really going to surprise and spoil (and hope that I am thoroughly surprised and spoiled as well)... In the meantime, I'm posting a questionnaire for my secret pal to get to know me better. If you have any more questions, please comment or email and I'd love to answer them. Who doesn't love talking about themselves? Isn't that what blogging is truly all about? If you aren't my SP, but love me anyway and sit around thinking, "I wish I knew the deep inner workings of Nature Knitter's mind," read further to see the Questionnaire for secret pal...


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely*not* like?
I like almost anything natural! I love luxury yarn and not so much "fun" yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My adorable knitting roll.


3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
For 6 years. I'd consider myself an advanced intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a Froogle wishlist (see sidebar)

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like vanilla, but don't like smelly things in general.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, but I'm trying hard to control it. Orbitz gum would be great! I like every flavor.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin
I like random craftiness, I try to sew and make reuse/recycle crafts. I do spin on a drop spindle, but not well. I'm hoping to take a class this month.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
For inspiration, see my sidebar. I'm huge with iTunes (but not so much with my crappy iPod).
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Yellow and pink are not my friends. I like the blues, browns, and greens a lot.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married (for almost 4 years), and have one adorable hamster (who is almost a year old).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Occasionally, yes, yes, and no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and anything challenging.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, but I'm strongly considering a sweater.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, but only something I'd use/wear/like.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I'm just getting into circular needles for socks. I like straight for flat projects, but prefer round projects to flat. I like bamboo straights and aluminum/plastic circulars.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but it would be great to have!

17. How did you learn to knit?
My dear sweet grandmama.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
A couple of years.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Memorial day (find out why under the last question)

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Books (especially feminist, environmental, or knitting), Knitting Patterns, Great Ideas for Crafts.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions. I lost my copy of S&B Nation and Twisted Sisters Sock books and would love to have them back!

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Spinning better drop-spindle yarn.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. 9" long, 8 1/4" around.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
May 27. This is why I love Memorial Day. It makes my birthday a three day weekend almost every year. It's also when the waterslides open and when most people think summer really begins.

No comments: