Wednesday, May 03, 2006

X-Box Headband


I know you are dying to create your own X-Box headband. I'm assuming that no one else will be knitting for Velvety Krusy, so you will need some creativity of your own for this pattern. If you're interested in the X-Box Headband pattern, click on read more!

Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes 1 Skien Grass, 1 skien contrasting color (may I suggest lime and black?)
Needles: Size 8 Circular or to obtain gauge
Gauge: 20 stitches, 22 rows for 4" square

Break X-box headset.
Cast on 110 stitches. Work in round (K1,P1) 5 rows.
Row 6: BO 3, Knit all stitches (continue in Stockingnette stitch until otherwise noted)
Row 7: CO 3 using backwards loop method. Begin letters with contrasting color. I created my letters using graph papter at http://tata-tatao.to/ The letters should be 2 stitches across in most places and 16 rows high.
Row 18: BO 2, continue with letters.
Row 19: CO 2, continue with letters.
Row 21: Bo 2, coninue with letters.
Row 22: CO 2, knit.
Row 23: Work round in (K1,P1)
Row 27: Bind Off
Play X-Box Live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is ridiculously cool. Maleah, I would like mine in a size 8. I'll send you my broken headset in the mail and a blank check. Put my handle on it: Chizzler.

Or how about a trade: a couple nights in Brooklyn for an Xbox for a headband. Seriously, it's that good.

It's like Velvety finally has something to hold his head high about in Xbox world. God knows he wasn't getting by on his personality or skill.

p.s. You might want to check out my website for a celebrity photo extravaganza!