Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Random Kindness

After working late, struggling through my workout at the gym, and just missing my bus, I was not in a cheery mood. My iPod was broken, yet again, and the little radio I was listening to was broken also, so I had to hold it to get any reception. I wanted to knit while I waited for the next bus, but then I would have to listen to static, or appear more approachable to the random strangers by not listening to anything at all (gasp!).

When my bus finally came, I was handed a rose by a random stranger (in wheelchair, with an eye patch), and I realized how petty and trivial I had been. It was a beautiful day, a great workout, and I'm lucky to have my job. It was really nice of you, random stranger. Thank you for being so thoughtful. I will try to do the same.

I haven't had much time for knitting lately, but here is my progress on the two-socks-on-one-needle. I'm pretty happy so far, but am already secretly planning my next sock project (I'm thinking short socks with heel, toe, and top ribbing a fun contrasting color).

No comments: