Friday, August 18, 2006

Productivity

After finally recovering from hubbie's reunion (and having more fun than I admitted at the neglected spouses tables), I've been doing a lot of crafting lately. It's been my excuse for not going to the gym. This week, it's worked, but I'm not sure that I can pull it off again next week.

I finally started another pair of socks. I'm using the Universal Toe Up sock pattern that was the surprise on Knitty this summer. They're for hubbie and I think they might be from Lorna's Laces Camouflage. I guess that's the problem when you get so excited about some yarn and wind it up into a ball right away, throwing away all labels, and then pick it up a year later to actually knit with. I also have to mention how much I LOVE the whole knitting-two-socks-at-once-on-one-long-circular-needle thing! This is the second pair that I'm using this technique (and my first ever toe up pair) and I don't think I'll ever go back to the old, archaic way of things.

I've also picked up my spindle again and have almost finished another skein (until the tragedy of the center pull ball happened... I don't want to talk about it because I will start to cry, but basically the center yarn in the ball broke and I can't find the rest of it!).

And in a final effort this summer, I've worked a little more on the picovoli. I'm hoping to actually finish it while it's still summer.

No comments: