Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Seahawk Hangover


While poor hubbie was busy crying over his Seahawk loss and drowning his sorrow at his favorite pub, I was busy knitting.

I finished the Central Park Hoodie in record time! I started over New Year's weekend, and today, it's ready to wear!

It is beautiful and I'm calling it my pièce de résistance.
I spent a lot of time making sure everything was perfect: I picked up exactly 2 stitches for every three rows on the button band.
Button band (look closely to see dragonfly button)

I was very careful when picking up stitches for the hood and used kitchener instead of binding off.
Kitchener stitch (look closely across the middle)

I used the perfect mattress stitch when possible and carefully seamed the rest.

Under arm (mattress stitch, with the sleeve set in)

It's wonderful and it fits great. Sorry for all the gratuitous seam shots. I'm just so proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That hoodie is gorgeous! Marvelous job. I've been eyeing that pattern myself! :-D