Sunday, June 12, 2005

Cheap Perfection

While in the midst of packing, I did manage to sneak in some craftiness. How (you may ask)? Well, let's just say that my microwave performs wonders and my husband was sleeping so he wasn't aware that I was hard at work on the yarn and not so much with the boxes. Yesterday, during my errands, I picked up some Kool Aid (on sale 8 for $1) in shades of pink, blue, and green. Today, I tested the Kool Aid dying method that I was so excited about. The beautiful blue and green skein is the yarn I spun a few days ago (it looks better now, but that's only because of the gorgeous color and the fact that the picture is farther away), and the pink yarn is something I was going to give to the thrift store and will now give to someone else (plain white before)... I'm looking forward to the next time I can stink up my kitchen (or my studio) with some nasty flavored drink and the smell of hot yarn.

No comments: