Oh look! The surpreese was this adorable bag made from plastic grocery bags! I saw a girl at work with one (a student), and I promised to make a co-worker one for her birthday next April. Then I got motivated and thought, "I won't be here then. Heck, why not now?" And the Bag O' Bags was created. I gave it to her a few days ago and have already seen bag usage from her. It's very pleasing to see someone enjoy your gifts.
Here is the bag being "useful" by holding recycled yarn.
- Size K crochet hook or larger (would need to chain less in beginning with larger hook)
- 25-30+ #2 or #4 plastic bags ( I prefer #2 bags from the grocery store... in California you have to recycle them at the store, so if you go to the store you can just pull a bunch out of the recycle bin and high tail it back to your car)
• Ch.20,d.c. in fourth ch. and in each st. across, ch.3 turn
• Row 2: d.c. in each st. across, ch.3 turn.
• Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 4"
• Rnd. 1 ch.3, d.c. in each st. all around making 2 dc in each corner, sl. st in beginning chain
• Rnd.2 Ch3 repeat rnd. 1 untill piece measures the length of your choice or 14".
• Ch.6, d.c. in fourth ch. adn in each st. across, ch. 1 turn
• Row 2: d.c. in each st. across, ch. 1 turn.
• Repeat until chain is desired length (approx. 3 grocery bags)
• Repeat for second handle.
• Attatch handles 3 inches from each edge, one handle on each side.
Wear with pride!