Reasons why it’s hard to eat locally:
- I don’t have a kitchen!!
- I live in a hotel room and have a mini fridge (and ants infesting everywhere else).
- I can’t eat gluten and therefore can’t eat local baked goods.
- I’m lazy and don’t like driving to the market (it’s at least a 15 minute drive).
- I get over zealous about fruits and vegetables... I over stock and then they go bad and hubbie blames me. It’s not my fault!
- I’m lazy and don’t eat until I’m starving which means I need to eat things that take minutes to make.
- A lot of my food is provided by work (although most of it is glutinous).
- Thursday night market is only on Thursday and I’m always too busy (or lazy).
Okay, so I’m a complainer. But I’m sure you already picked up on that. I still have two weeks left, and although I really don’t buy much food (because I’m always eating at restaurants or eating at work), I’ll try even harder to eat locally. I will stop complaining and take responsibility. At least for today.