Monday, November 20, 2006

On a Roll

With hubbie away for the weekend (or at least a good portion of it) at a work conference, I got some crafting done, at the expense of my duplex which is disgusting at the moment. It came back to haunt me this morning when I couldn't find my bus pass in all the mess. I found it after cleaning tonight, but that was a $3 lesson that I regretted when I had to pay for the bus like a commoner today.

So, after finishing the scarves and other exciting objects posted earlier, I went to the yarn store on Saturday (instead of running... a girl has to have priorities!) to buy some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino to make some delicious house socks for yet another present. I've gotten pretty far on them, through football games and the DaVinci Code:

I'm going for a new sock record. I cast on Saturday around 5:00 pm. I'm going for less than a week. With two days off, I think I have a real shot.

I also finally sewed up this hat:
The hat, though adorable and fun to knit with three different types of cables, is too small (look- you can see ears and eyebrows!). I'm hoping to give it to some little girl. Too bad. I like red. It would match my hat. If only my head was smaller...

No comments: