Saturday, December 02, 2006

Crafting in the City

This weekend, Seattle is transformed into a mecca for craftiness! Today, I hit two huge 100+ vendor craft shows full of crafty goodness. The first, Urban Craft Uprising, has been hyped for months. It was full of things I wanted for myself, but couldn't justify buying during the holiday season. I did buy a onsie and burp clothes for non-existant babies. When I see a deserving one, I'll have a gift prepared!

I also made it to a neighborhood show with 115 vendors. This show was amazing and was a much more traditional bazaar. I found some unique, fun gifts here, such as some stamp jigsaw puzzles.
On my walk home, I stopped by the yarn store to pick up the new Knitscene (I'm in love with the Central Park Hoodie) and some hat yarn.

Also, tonight I dragged hubbie and some friends to the local tree lighting celebration. There was cider and sausage dogs, caroling, stomping (very "urban", I know), and jazz. Hubbie won the raffle (along with 3 others) to pull the candy cane switch to light the tree grove (6 measly trees that are tiny... I'll try to go back and take photos of the grove later this week!). I was so proud, and sad that we forgot the camera. After the trees were light, the croud lit candles and sang "Make New Friends" in the round. It was beautiful!

No comments: