Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pictures Galore

Pardon the picture-heavy post, but as you can imagine, a lot has happened in the past week! As you may (or may not) know, I had a birthday, a FO, and an extra day off (although some say holidays don't count, it was a welcome three day weekend).

Before hubbie and I left on our big weekend adventure (which involved a lot of knitting, naturally), we finished planting our garden. Notice how much happier we look here than in our last garden photo! We planted kale, chard, onions, nasturtiums, broccoli, and summer squash. We'll see what pops up first!Here is Kyle doing his voodoo magic on the soil (or maybe he's just sniffing it?):I finished the floves just in time for a friend's birthday this weekend (Yes, I took this picture on the way to her house. I also weaved in all the loose ends on the short drive as well).
My friend is also surprisingly crafty and embroidered some sweet tea towels for my birthday (which I forgot to photograph for you... just trust me - they're sweet).

I also worked on the baby cardigan (I'm currently picking up stitches for the yoke).

In the dark on the LONG drive out of the city, I finally got to the exciting part of hubbie's sweater. Unfortunately, that makes it no longer good for knitting in the dark. I guess I'll have to find some daylight time for this project yet! Last week, I started going to a local SNB, so maybe that would be a good time to work on this... the real question is: do I want to work on this in public?

No comments: