Sunday, July 08, 2007

Babies and Urban Nature

Hubbie and I have been uber active lately (well, at least for us). Today we took advantage of the nice weather and did all of the free tourist things I have wanted to do for a long time in Pioneer Square. There is a surprising amount of nature in this urban area, including the Waterfall Garden Park (birthplace of the UPS!).
We also visited the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park (I'd call it a museum, but who am I to argue with the national parks department?), and Elliot Bay Book Company, where I fell in love many times with books I don't need. This is my new must-see area for Seattle tourists!

We were excited to hear about the new Simpsons Kwik E Marts that 7-11 has opened. There are only 12, and Seattle happens to have one. Of course, we had to make it part of our outing. Imagine our disappointment when we realized that it was only for the month of July (to promote the new movie).

This weekend I've also had babies on the mind. My brother was hoping his baby would be born on 7/7/07, but he'll have to wait a little longer. This is lucky for me though, because now I have more time for knitting! The sweater is almost done, it just needs to be finished.

Also, I made booties to match the sweater, but they won't fit her until she's 3, and the sweater will be way too small by then (and what 3 year old wears booties? Maybe they can be slippers). I decided to make some more booties that might actually fit and still match the sweater.

I still need to get some buttons for both sets of booties and the cardigan, but all systems are a go!

1 comment:

Holly Jo said...

Those booties are SO cute! So much girl stuff to knit out there - the sweater looks fantastic.