Sunday, October 07, 2007

Double the Trouble, Double the Fun

As you know, I love trying new knitting techniques. It's my secret drug. A friend of mine is turning 30, and while planning a fair-isle hat, I decided that nothing would be better than a reversible double-knit hat! It's taken a long time to get this far, but as you can see, it's working!

Then, reality set in. While car knitting with hubbie driving and looking on, he sadly pointed out to me that it was way too big. I knew it would be a little big, but when he tried it on and it fell over his nose, I knew it was time to stop pretending. I will begin frogging it today (after I measure the gauge, of course, so that this won't happen again)!

Posted by Picasa
We also got out and enjoyed some nature this weekend (which was a good pick me up after my hat debacle). We went Skakagrall hunting at a local nature hot spot (an oasis in the suburbs!).

No comments: