Wednesday, June 22, 2005

BBBB or something else?

My brother just found out that he and his wife are having a baby girl in November. I was going to start the baby blanket as soon as I knew the sex. I chose the Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch n Bitch because I love the simplicity, yet non-boringness of the BBBB. I started with the yarn from the recycled sweater, as promised.

But now, I'm having a dilema.... should I continue and use up the yarn on this blanket, or should I use it for something else? I've been dying to make the Lace Leaf Pullover by Teva Durham (I have the pattern thanks to Interweave Knits summer edition and have decided against buying the whole Loop D Loop book... gasp). The yarn it calls for is hard to find, but this recycled yarn is the exact same gauge! Plus, I'm dying to dye it another color which I wouldn't want to do for a baby blanket, but would love to do for a sweater for myself. I still have a lot of time for the blanket... I can't decide!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I was wondering if you had gotten the little suprise that I emailed to you. I just want to make sure that it didn't get sent to the wrong place. I copy/pasted the email I got from the Secret Pal organizer. Let me know. Take care!