Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Pillow-ishous

So last night, while my husband played X-box live for hours (and hours) with his friends, and I was forced to entertain myself, I worked on my mother's soon to be felted pillow. I think I'm about 3/4 done. I'm not really sure. I've only felted a few things and I'm not really working off of a pattern here. I can't remember if height or width gets smaller when you felt, but I'm thinking width. To really see the progress, you have to compare it with this picture. Needless to say, I still haven't packed much (although when my hubbie wasn't X-boxing and cooking yesterday he did surprisingly manage to pack a few boxes). Tonight is major packing night as I have exciting plans on Thursday.


So, I've obviously been working with three balls of yarn. This is how much of each is left, and this may dictate the stripeage and length of the pillow. You can see the yarn is cleverly housed in an adorable plastic bag. The Knit Cafe in W. Hollywood bags your yarn purchases in these colorful sturdy bags! I love it! I wish all my yarn could come from there so I could have multi-colored plastic baggies sitting around my house with various yarn projects in them.... Alas!

No comments: