Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sunny Distractions

So, as you may have guessed, I've been very busy! Our friends came from California for a whirl wind tour of the city, and I've been trying to catch up ever since! Here we are enjoying a lovely walk to a nearby brewpub (there were sooooo many during the tour, I'm not even sure which one it was).

It's also been gorgeous (for the most part), so I've been spending evenings on walks with the hubbie (and tearing him away from his x-box). I'm still knitting away on the two-socks-on-one-needle project.

This year, hubbie is joining me in the Eat Local challenge. It is a little different this time around: it's in May, instead of August, and we're living in a less diverse (yet still delicious) region. Here are our self-imposed rules for the month of May: Eat locally produced perishable goods 90% of the time. In our case, we are including anything from our state local, as it is a little harder than California to find deliciousness. Shop at local stores (or our county-based chains) 95% of the time. Any 2 for 1 deals may be purchased at non-local stores, and from non-local companies, but other purchases will not be tolorated! Hubbie may come on and guest-post on our progress. Wish us luck! Luckily, Starbucks and Nordstrom are both locally based chains!

So, while I was enjoying the sun, hubbie snapped a photo of the modified Odessa hat I made recently. I like to think of it as my bee-hive hat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is going to be easy for me to do the eat local challenge. After all all my favorite beer comes from Washington anyway. I love the bee hive hat all though wifey does not beehive herself in it. I loved the trip of our sunny California friends. Great times and nice weather, yeah.

Terri Lynn said...

I love your Odessa, I had to look at it because green is my fav color to work with. Thanks for your post.