Sunday, October 22, 2006

Finished Buttony

This summer, a new bar opened a few blocks from our house. Luckily for hubbie, they serve 130 different beers (yes, hubbie is a beer snob). Unluckily for me, they only serve beer. However, this can work in my favor when I need some knitting time. This Friday, while hubbie was off gallivanting, I finished the buttony sweater.
It looks even better from the side:
A few details for you curious knitters out there: I used just over one skein of Cascade Eco Wool color 8015. Knit on size 8 circular needles (smaller than the size 10 recommended, but perfect tightness). I added some waist shaping to the pattern, but followed the rest (except for length of ribbing). If I could re-do the sweater, I'd make the neck smaller, and make the sweater a tiny bit longer. I still haven't blocked it, so I'm hoping to fix a few mistakes then.

In other exciting weekend news, the in-laws came over and we went to Seahawks Stadium to watch our alma mater smash our rival. Very exciting! The only disappointment was the lack of beer at collegiate sports. For my alma mater, I'm sure that's not such a bad thing...

2 comments:

Erin said...

That looks great! I might make that with my Eco-wool. I bought a ton of Kool-Aid, too-I'm thinking that the green will come out darker and more heather-y.

Jodi said...

I just love the sweater! How is the Eco-Wool holding up? I'm considering using it for the Sienna cardigan from the fall 2006 issue of Interweave Knits.