Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One Skein

I'm sure many of you have seen the huge skeins of Cascade Eco-Wool at the yarn store. I know many of you wonder how far that one skein will go. Apparently this is it:

Please note that this is an XS/S sweater, but having said that, this is amazing! I ran out to buy a second skein tonight from my local yarn store (luckily it's open until 9 PM on Tuesdays!). This yarn is so economical, I'm thinking of knitting hubbie a sweater from it (that is, if I ever take on the task of knitting monstrous sweaters again). At $15 a skein, it's a steal!

In other random news, I'm doing very well on the 1/2 marathon training (I ran 10.5 miles last weekend at once). I'm also back to #2 on my running goals I started so long ago (see sidebar). It may be awhile before #3, but I'm working on it!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

that's such a cute sweater! congrats on the 10.5 mile run - that is far!

Erin said...

I love that sweater. Are you using the recommended size needles for the ecowool (I think the label said size 10? I'm too lazy to lean over four feet and look). I need to acquire some needles-guess what I'm stealing from my mum next time I go home!

Eburg is pretty in a way that I don't think I'm capable of appreciating. I love the way it looks. It is gorgeous. I love seeing hte mountains, and Mid/Eastern Washington is so unlike anywhere I've ever lived (Puget Sound and Central Mass). But I don't think I could ever live somewhere that wasn't near a huge city, or within an hour of the water. I'm afraid of change.

The other times I've been in Ellensburg have generally been fun.