Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween Running

Since the awesome high of finishing buttony, I've had a hard time picking up any of my old projects, or starting anything new. I'll work on changing that this week. I have been working on these booties (from Heather Bailey's pattern) for a co-worker's baby. All I really have done so far is cut them out so that another co-worker could embroider them (didn't she do an ab fab job!). I still need to sew them all up, which will be the hard part. I'm hoping this will be the first of three or four pairs we do together for various new babies.


The main reason I haven't crafted lately is that I've been too busy running. I'm still training for the 1/2 marathon (I ran 11 miles earlier today). Yesterday, my friend Willa and I ran the Pumpkin Push 5k. We ran really hard and had a great time!

We also got a free pumpkin at the race. I carved it earlier today (the first pumpkin we've carved in a while). I used my crafting tools to carve the front, and we did a traditional jack-o-lantern face on the back.
I bought candy today and am anxiously awaiting my first trick or treater. As a candy giver, should I dress up too? I just had my old wedding dress hand delivered from my parents house... would it be silly to wear it to give out candy?

2 comments:

Holly Jo said...

Wear the dress. Four & five year old girls will think you are the bee's knees. Love your pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

Those pups are fabulous!