Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New Shirt (or "How I Spent my Tuesday Night")

Since revealing my new year's resolution, I have been struggling with wether or not sewing is on the same level of the clothing consumerism food chain as buying new clothes. I've thought of arguments for and against, and right now I'm leaning on the pro-sewing side of the argument.

That being said, I have been plotting my next sewing project for the past week. I found a pattern (Built By Wendy), I picked out two types of fabrics (for two tops of course), I went on a shopping spree on Sunday afternoon. And today, after just over two hours of hard labor, I emerged from my crafting nook a new woman. I had created a top. And not just any top: one that I will conceivably wear in public. Now, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but most of my sewing projects that have made it onto my blog haven't ever left the house (or at least not comfortably). This one will make it's debut tomorrow, and hopefully it will become a staple in my wardrobe! Look for another top soon, that is a little more my regular style (and by "my regular style" I mean not such a fun print).


No comments: