Monday, July 03, 2006

Revitalized by Nature

In a weekend of relaxation and rejuvenation, hubbie and I headed out to the islands with some friends. Sure, we had to wait 3 hours on Saturday for our ferry (since we missed the first one by two cars), and sure, we had to leave at the crack of dawn this morning, but it was totally worth it.

We went on a grueling hike with great views (that's Mt. Baker in the background for those of you who are curious... my parents have a view of it from their living room, but it isn't nearly as glorious as this view).

We saw babies:

Our friends' adorable baby (for which the adorable baby sweater was knit). He's 3 months old and makes hubbie and I anxious to have our own soon (except for the constant crying and breast feeding).
Baby seal by the dock. It was apparently held, poked, and beaten with a bowl of chips ("accidentally" claims the 7 year old perpetrator), so I doubt it will live much longer, but at least we got to see it before it passes away.

And, I finally got inspired to start knitting a new project (Green Gables). I searched all over Bellingham for the right yarn, but couldn't find it. Then I realized that I have cotton yarn at home (Mission Falls 1824). I bought it two summers ago for the Honeymoon cami, but once I finished it and tried it on, it looked HORRIBLE. It was just the wrong yarn for the cami and was not at all flattering. I started another sweater instead, but it was in no way feminine. When I realized that this yarn might work, I frogged the second sweater right away. So far, so good. I'm hoping that I'll finish it during my week of vacation. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was a fun trip with a bunch of wonderful nature and great smiles. I love you and I love your new sweater.